Questions About Your Case?
Contact Us Today
Kurzman Grant Law Office
219 S.E. Main Street
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Carol Grant, a Superlawyer selected by fellow lawyers throughout the state, is the managing partner at KURZMAN, GRANT LAW OFFICES, St. Anthony Main, 219 S.E. Main Street, Suite 403, Minneapolis, MN 55414. Call 612-617-9000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carol Grant brings to family law and estate planning the unique perspective of a Certified Financial Planner, with advanced Certified Divorce Planner training in the financial intricacies of property and retirement plan division, support and maintenance. She has specialized income tax training. She holds professional licenses in securities, life and health insurance and is a former Administrative Law Judge.
She takes a very aggressive approach and has been very successful resolving family law cases with estate planning issues (will changes during divorce or prenuptial agreements) or criminal features (orders for protection, abuse or assault allegations) due to her expertise in these related areas.
Ms. Grant drafts hundreds of wills and trusts every year. Many of her estate planning clients are referred from the AARP Legal Services Network, with which she is affiliated. Basic documents are reasonable in cost. Some of these documents include: basic will, revocable living trust, marital bypass trust, and irrevocable trusts such as an irrevocable life insurance trust. Unlike most estate attorneys, she has the litigation background and trial experience to fight to protect her clients' share of estates if required. She drafts documents to prevent litigation.
Ms. Grant is frequently asked to assume representation when a client is dissatisfied with their former attorney and has been able to bring a different, fresh perspective to these cases, resulting in their successful conclusion. She is asked to do appeals of cases where other lawyers have lost, as she has extensive experience arguing appeals.
Ask about Ms. Grant and Mr. Kurzman's highly effective team approach which has resulted in dismissal and withdrawal of opposing claims, caused opposing lawyers to withdraw from representation-even withdrawal of opposition after trial by before verdict on the ground that loss was inevitable, caused hostile guardians ad litem to withdraw from the case, and made numerous opponents complain that they're being "ganged up on".
Recent unsolicited verbatim client comments:
- S.S.: "You're the Master of all situations."
- S.R. "Thanks for getting my son back."
- D.S. "You helped me achieve the best possible outcome. I don't believe I would have accomplished that result with any other law firm."
- B.T.'s Mother "I love to watch you argue"
- "The Court finds that [the other side] has little credibility. He has continuously lied his whole adult life. In this proceeding he admitted only what he knew [Ms. Grant] could prove. Everything else he claimed were lies. Investigation and hard work by [Ms. Grant] exposed many of his lies." Judicial Finding of Minnesota District Court Judge
- B.S. [after winning OFP hearing] "You were awesome!"
- D.G and S.G.
"We can't thank you enough for such a kind and generous offer...You've done such a terrific job and have helped our entire family so much over the years (especially our grandchild)."
- Comment from colleague: "The prosecutor J.F. gave you some kind words of praise."
"Thank you very much for meeting with me yesterday, I appreciate your time and honesty."
"Now I feel like things are being taken care of."
- Card from S.T.
"T and I again wish to express our deepest appreciation for the hard and successful work that you did for us...Even now he can scarcely believe it. Thank you again."
- 11-18-04 K.B. "Carol, you've been fantastic. As lousy as I feel about my situation, at least I feel I have an attorney that's going to help get me through this. I don't want to disparage my prior attorney but I didn't feel that way with my other attorney."
Opposing party in C.R.'s matter writes her and states that litigating against us was a "harrowing experience." Client states, "Thank you so much for calling(witness name) and checking what she had to say. I really admire you and appreciate your work. I am glad to have you as my attorney, thank you very much for all the hard work you have done...you are amazing!!!"
- 11-5-04 J.M.
"I made a good choice by going with you."
- 11-3-04 J.M.
"I really trust you."
- 10-21-04 J.R.G.
"You've done nothing but good things for me and my family."
- 10-19-04 C.J.
"I couldn't ask for anything more under the circumstances."
- 10-11-04 D.E.
"You are incredible! I can't thank you enough! Finally, after 9 years, my message was understood. You are amazing! A huge thank-you from me! Thank you for everything!"
- 10-12-04 I.G.
"I am so lucky to have found you. My life would have been...I'm grateful for everything you've done."
- 10-8-04 M.K.
HE called again to thank Sarah and Carol for the legal services he received. He thought we were outstanding and will be recommending us to others.
- 10-8-04 M.B.
"We are so grateful you are helping. This is such a Godsend to us."
- 10-1-04 N.O.'s letter to St. Paul City Council:
"I felt worthless...When I talked to Judge S., for the first time I felt like someone actually cared and had faith in helping me. It was a great feeling and I think it had a lot to do with my recovery. I also hired an attorney to get my child back and she had faith in me. That's what it took to have faith in myself...(Now) life is good."
- 9-15-04 A.D.
(upon receiving result) "Too much to say to give proper reflection and complete thanks to both of you. I feel somewhat like when a person won an Academy Award. One cannot say enough...Almost unbelievable the attorneys fees (awarded)...($45,000). So much work was done to get here. I am overwhelmed, really breathless and exhausted, but content. Justice...will prevail...just amazing."
- 9-14-04 V.E.
"I just wanted to say thanks for taking such good care of Dan's interests today in Court. Dan said he felt well represented and you did an excellent job."
- 9-7-04 T.H.
(upon resolution of case) "It's been a long, hard battle trying to find the lawyer for this case. I know I made the right decision."
- 9-7-04 N.O.
(upon receiving decision) "Thank you!! I love you so much!!"
- 9-7-04 D.E.
"This is the first time in the history of my case that I have not been on the defense, and have a lawyer who understands what I have been saying all along."
- 9-3-04 D.E.
"I am so happy to finally have a great lawyer taking charge."
- 9-1-04 T.B.
"I'm so grateful, this really gives me a level of comfort. I couldn't be happier (with the result of the case). Oh man, I'm going to have a great chapter 2 of my life."
- 8-31-04 E.G.
(upon reaching result in case) " A Bravo! And 3 Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Thank you!"
- 8-24-04 L.T.
"I really appreciate everything you've done for me."
- 8-23-04 D.P.
He was very complimentary about the service he received per staff member.
- 7-16-04 T.B.
"I have been extremely happy with your representation."
- 7-13-04 K.P.'s mom
"We've appreciated what you've done so much, believe me!"
- 7-6-04 B.S.
"I just wanted to call and say thanks very much for helping me out (of jail) on Friday for the holiday weekend."
- 7-1-04 A.D.
"Together you (Marc) and Carol are beyond brilliant. We want to personally thank Sarah and the others (office staff) that have preserved with cheerful positive help and energy. It was so much effort."
- 6-23-04 D.S.
"I personally thought you did a great job."
- 6-23-04 N.O.
"I don't know how to thank you. Between you and Judge S. I now, for the first time feel like I have someone out there that cares enough to help me... Thank you again I don't know what I would have done without you."
- 6-23-04 C.J.
"I'm very satisfied with what you are doing. You've done the best that anybody could. I have 110% confidence in everything you're doing."
- 6-21-04 D.G.
"You made my year!"
- 6-16-04 R.H.
"She is so good. You tell her to keep kicking a-s! He says you are so tough in the courtroom you're like a pro wrestler."
- 6-15-04 N.O.
"The prior attorney told me he'd bet $500 you wouldn't win." (he was wrong)
- 6-12-04 B.L.
"Thanks very much for your help."
- 6-11-04 J.S.
"I am so glad you resolved this for me, I love you guys!"
- 6-11-04 B.D.
"Carol really understands my situation-I have a great rapport with her."
- 6-10-04 I.H.
"Carol is on my wavelength. She is great-I have such confidence in her!"
- 6-9-04 A.D.
"You and Marc are a formidable team. Unquestionable, I am still completely amazed at what you and Marc accomplished (at trial). Just brilliant. And again, I say with the deepest sincerely, we are so very grateful for your help. It seems that when Carol Grant and Marc Kurzman team up, no other "dream team" has a hope."
- 5-29-04 R.C.
"I'm just now beginning to realize what a good thing you've done for me with regard to the plea we did with him. I'm very impressed with your work. I didn't think is was such a big deal earlier, but I realize that now."
- 5-27-04 B.B.
"It is my belief that when you (Marc) and Carol leave Minnesota, the per person work output drops by 10% and the mean average IQ of the state drops by about a third."
- 5-25-04 L.T.
"I sure do think a lot of you. You've really helped out."
- 5-25-04 I.H.
"You're smooth...You're super!"
- 5-21-04 S.F.
"I really do appreciate everything you did today and I mean that sincerely."
- 5-20-04 J.G.
"I got a wonderful recommendation for you so I'm really excited to talk to you." (from male client in front of Swenson)
- 5-18-04 A.M.
(referring to my representation of him in divorce case): "You were fantastic."
- 4-28-04 M.T.
"I want to thank you so much for your care, attentiveness, sensitivity and due diligence with regard tot his case-and me, personally. You are an outstanding attorney and wonderful individual."
- 4-23-04 I.G.
"I'm really in good hands," His dad: "Thank you from the bottom of my heart."
- 4-22-04 R.I.
"I want to express my appreciation for all you've done. I'm happy." (settled case on favorable terms)
- 4-20-04 Major W.D.
"Thanks for your efforts to date, and I am very pleased how you are handling this." (he has switched attorneys to our firm)
- 4-15-04 J.C.
"You've been very comforting to me."
- 4-8-04 M.D.
"I LOVE Carol!" She says she has given your name out to many people in need of an attorney.
- 4-6-04 D.G.
"Catching her in lies...I don't know how you did it, but you're the Master at it. I look forward to that."
- 4-6-04 D.B.
"I really liked the will. It was right to the point. It worked out really well."
- 4-5-04 M.D.
"I don't know what I'd do without you."
- I.G. 4-3-04
"You're great! You're the greatest!"
- 4-1-04 H.S.
- 3-31-04 T.H.
(upon getting court order) "This is great! I really appreciate it. Things came out in our favor. I appreciate all the work."
- 3-31-04 E.G.
"Thank you so kindly for calling. You made my day."
"Truth is the underpinning pedestal upon which (we) stand, and is how (my child, my partner), Carol Grant and I all conduct ourselves within our lives."
- 3-13-04 A.D. and C.R.
"Once again you did a fantastic job. We have complete faith in you. It was a clear triumph over the sleazy maneuvers of the other side. Now they are on the run. You were terrific."
- 3-12-04 M.T.
"Loved affidavits from ____. Awesome!"
- 3-11-04 Dr. A.H.
"You did a wonderfully professional job at the hearing."
- 3-10-04 S.B.
"M. has never felt more supported in this process-in years, maybe in a decade."
- 3-10-04 N.S.
"Thank you so much for all your hard work and extra efforts on B.'s behalf. It has been a BIG boost to him."
- 3-10-04 C.M.
"Your office is really fast at getting things out."
- 3-10-04 A.
"I have never seen anyone work as hard as you and Carol do (to Marc)."
- 2-23-04 S.B.
"You're always so clear, so soothing, so concise, so professional."
- 2-18-04 R.H.
"You are sent from Heaven above!"
- 1-16-04 M.T.
(regarding staff office) "It's a great atmosphere."
- 1-14-04 A.D.
"You are what you say you are. You work very quickly."
- 1-5-04 H.R.
"To the best attorney! We love you!"
- 1-2-04 R.W.
"You were a port in the storm and I think I got good advice from you."
- 12-31-03 R.H.
"Men against the boys that day. Complete slaughter!"
- 12-18-03 B.K.
"It's really a dramatic difference when you deal with them."
- 12-18-03 S.F.
"I don't want to deal with it. That is why I picked the best attorney I could find."
- 12-18-03 S.B.
"You were always so very nice. I wish I could have paid a lot more."
- 12-18-03 K.P.
"You do whatever's necessary to get the job done."
- 12-12-03 T.D.
"I'm so impressed with your help."
- 12-12-03 T.H.
"As I stated in our telephone conversation earlier this afternoon, I feel privileged to have such great representation when it comes to these matters."
- 12-12-03 J. and K.D.
"It is comforting to know that you are there if we need you."
- 12-9-03 R.H.
"That Carol is always kicking ass."
Former opposing attorney about a case he wants to refer to us in his own specialty area: "It looks like it's going to outstrip our resources similar to what the K. case did...He's very bent on winning...Given the smaller size of our firm compared to yours, I know this is the kind of case you guys really dig into, I'm interested in passing it on to you."
- 12-3-03 A.D.
"Your memorandum should be in the Harvard Law Review to show how to draft a Memorandum of awe."
- 12-2-03 A.D.
"I re-read your first Memorandum of Law. It is really a most amazing document."
- 12-2-03 M.T.
"You are so even keel but so sensitive and that combination is so rare. I always feel more relaxed after speaking with you. It's nice that you have a staff which is responsive, courteous and pleasant. Your office is very soothing."
- 12-1-03 M.T.
"I am grateful that you are representing me, Carol. For the first time, I have confidence in my legal counsel, and that is comforting to me."
- 11-28-03 M.O'B.
"Basically I don't like the way the former attorneys do business. But I like the one I've got now. I didn't know they were the backbone to our judicial system..."
- 11-28-03 O'B.
"Since we started with you, things have been rolling."
- 11-26-03 S.K.
"I appreciate the work you did so much...I can't even tell you. It almost makes me cry...Finally having someone capable of doing it."
"S.G. says she was referred by another person who said she had previous attorneys who didn't work on her case, and then Carol did this wonderful job."
- 11-17-03 Staff person to S.G.
"I observe you to be the hardest working person I have ever met."
- 11-13-03 H.R.
"I love my attorney."
- 11-3-03 R.C.
"You've given me confidence and you've heard me. Your letter was touching to me."
- 11-1-03 S.K. (attorney talking to Sarah)
The difference between (prior attorney) and you is mind-boggling." "They are a powerhouse...they way they bounce ideas off of each other. Marc came up with these great ideas and bounced them off Carol and she added to them and vice versa..."
- 10-31-03 G.U. "I want to express my satisfaction with the effort that is being put into my case. I am glad that my questions are being answered and I am receiving documents in a timely manner. I feel very comfortable with you and all the support staff. I am left feeling reassured, that I made the right decision when I chose you and your partnership to represent me. As for many before me this is a scary and foreign process, so this realization comes with great comfort."
- 10-28-03 S.K. (attorney)
"I thought you were extraordinarily adept and brilliant."
- 10-28-03 N.S. hiring me for his daughter
You're my first choice. It's a no brainer."
- 10-28-03 M.T.
"I'm very grateful to have you. I really appreciate your follow through."
- 10-24-03 G.U.
"Once again, I left feeling very positive about my choice in representation."
- 10-24-03 C.L.
"My mom liked you so much."
- 10-20-03 M.T.
"I find you to be so easy to work with."
"Everyone who calls from your office is awesome."
- 10-13-03 Y.C.
"I selected you because of the attorneys I interviewed, you were the most professional."
- 10-10-03 G.H.
"It was hell going into it. We couldn't be happier how things turned out."
- 10-9-03 M.T.
"I used to dread it when I got letters from my former attorney. It made me sick. When I get mail from you, it's to let me know something you have taken care of."
- 10-6-03 R.H.
"He loves you, thank you SO much for all your efforts."
- 9-22-03 T.H.
"I've got great confidence in you because you have always done a great job in the past...You're the best firm I have dealt with in my life."
- 9-3-03 J.S.
"THANK YOU for all you're doing!!! My family and I discussed you around the camp fire this weekend."
- 8-29-03 R.H.
"Way to kick butt! Aw inspiring! Phenomenal! Thank you so much, you are so spectacular!
- 7-31-03 N.S.
"You've always been more than fair. Whatever the charges-you're certainly worth more than."
- 7-15-03 R.H.
"You're a living legend."
- 7-10-03 A.D.
"Carol, you're wonderful. I really do understand how rare this (decision) is. It's got to be written up in that article."
- 7-9-03 R.R.
"I'm really satisfied with your firm and very satisfied with your services."
- 7-8-03 J.S.
"That is FAST work!"
- 6-19-03 E.N.
"When I first saw you I knew you were the right person for me. I feel very good about what you are doing for me."
- 6-18-03 R.H.
"Best lawyer in the universe!"
- 6-11-03 B.B.
"You are awesome!"
- 6-6-03 R.M.
"Rocky! Have you videotaped yourself?"
- 3-23-03 J.R.
"I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done to keep my life on the straight path and my family together."
- 12-28-05 Y.C.: "Thank you very much for the last minute efforts."
- 12-9-05 D.L.: "[Since] I need an attorney, it makes sense to hire the best one that I ever met."
- 12-7-05 M.C.X.: "I really appreciate your help. I don't know how to thank you."
- 11-30-05 D.W.: "I know your services are good...I would rather spend a bit more up front so as to ameliorate the likelihood of incurring additional legal expenses down the road."
- 11-30-05 L.S.: "You did a terrific job! Do you have any business cards? I'd like to get you some business. I highly recommend you!"
- 11-28-05 D.C.: "Thank you so much! You've been a great big help!"
- 11-23-05: L.T.: "Congratulations! I had to give you a call. I knew you could do it for us, lady! That's all I wanted to do. Just to congratulate you."
- 11-17-05 S.S.: "I thought it was fabulous the way the Court attacked her [the other side's] credibility" [upon receiving decision where the judge adopted our proposed findings virtually verbatim]
- 11-10-05 L.T.: "You're doing a good job for us."
- 11-9-05 R.H.: (from staff) "Reagan called to give his greetings. He also wanted me to express his surprise when Bush didn't nominate you for the Supreme Court."
- 10-24-05 C.N.: "Was quite surprised and pleased about the decision. I can live with that!"
- 10-18-05 P.D.: "Once again, I thank you for your time and all your hard work."
- 10-13-05 L.T.: "I just wanted to thank you again for everything. Thank you so much!"
- 10-13-05 C.J.: "I will never be able to express completely to you my most sincere gratitude for your excellent guidance and management of this transition for my family members to healthier, happier lives."
- 10-13-05 L.T.: "Thank you for all you are doing for us. You and the help you have must be our iron ladies! Tough!"
- 9-30-05 H.R.: "I sure appreciate you."
- 9-27-05 E.H.: "I appreciate your involvement in this. It gives credibility to my argument."
- 9-15-05 A.H.: "I have no problem paying you for your time as you are very much appreciated and worth it."
- 9-14-05 G.C.: "I thank you so much for getting me this far and making the end in sight."
- 9-13-05 G.U.: "I appreciate you [giving client a certain consideration]. It reflects the integrity of how both you and Marc conduct yourselves as attorneys. I too appreciate the speediness in which you addressed the matter. "
- 9-13-05 D.T.: "If I'd have spent the money with you instead of the other firm, I would have won."
- 9-6-05 B.B. [after reading letter to opposing counsel critiquing proposed Findings, omissions, suggesting different or additional language]: "You're just brilliant, how you put things together."
- 8-23-05 Client, OFP Respondent, delighted after winning OPF hearing despite 3 written admissions that he had committed "domestic abuse", was "violent" and apologized to Petitioner. Judge stated that Petitioner's "credibility was shredded."
- 8-10-05 G.C.: "It sounds like you have a good plan to hopefully resolve these issues for once and for all...I have the utmost confidence in your decisions in this matter."
- 8-10-05 J.M.: "I really appreciate everything you've done. Thank you very very much . I appreciate all your work."
- 8-10-05 S.P. stops in after contested case decided in his favor, agrees that he invested in his children, and it was worth it: "If I had it to do all over again, I would do it again."
- 8-10-05 R. and H.R.: "We'll come back to close and to draw up our will. We just want to see you also. You are such a great lady. (I'll love to be like you 'when I grow up!'")
- 7-25-05 B.B.: "Thank you so much for your quick response to the situation involving our mother...We truly appreciate your comments and found them very helpful."
- 8-5-05 D.G.: "I want to thank you and Mark and your staff again for the outstanding work you did on my case!"
- 8-1-05 P.B."Thank you very very much for helping me with those short little quick answers and so on."
- 8-1-05: P.K.: "I got your Memorandum yesterday and I thought it was great! You did a good job."
- 7-27-05 T.B.: "Thanks for everything. A horrible process...but I appreciate your calm demeanor."
- 7-21-05 C.N.: "The Motion looks good; you did a lot of work wading through all the 'stuff.'"
- 1-17-01 K.G.: "I want to thank you for the wonderful job representing me in court and the whole thing-your research and being on top of everything. You are dynamite. I appreciate all you've done. It showed! Thanks so very much." (card)
- 7-13-05: B.S.: "I just appreciate all your help. I just wanted to call and say thanks. It did come off good!"
- 2-19-05: A.D.: "As for you, and your heart-felt concern, I will always appreciate that you recognized that C. and I were not exaggerating whatsoever, and that this was not your standard divorce. Not at all. There were more twists and turns, and ups and downs, than a modern midway roller coaster. In fact, looking back, it was really next to impossible to expect any amount of justice at the beginning...Even C.'s first attorney went to E.'s side. Everyone aware of the circumstances said just give up and move on. Then we called Carol Grant...I want very much to stay in touch and hope you feel the same."
- B.B.: "I am a lot more calm since retaining you. I have hope where there was little or none before."
- 6-22-05 C.B.: "Thank you for making it so simple for us."
- 6-13-05 D.E.: "I wondered how this last motion was going to turn out. I should not have questioned, having you as my counsel. Thank you, again. Perhaps I am blinded by my sense of real victory, but it seemed to me that the judge's order was scolding [the opposing party] for her attempt...The judge's observations were on the mark and her explanations clearly detailed the points of my position."
- 6-16-05 J.P.: "I said I wanted somebody aggressive and a family member gave me your name right off the bat".
- 6-05 B.A.: "I really appreciate the very quick, quick response. I am lucky to have picked the right firm. I feel better just talking to you. I felt before like I was being brushed off."
- 6-10-05 B.B.: "You have already restored some hope to what I believed to be a hopeless situation."
- 6-7-05 (regarding a maneuver with did on a case) K.: "It's like CSI!"
- 6-3-05 D.G.: [upon receiving Order] "For 13 years now I wanted someone to call her [the opposing party] on the carpet. More than anything! It [the Court Order] is awesome! Thank you! Thank you very much!"
- 5-24-05 T.B.(about settlement proposal letter) "I think it's written very well. Thank you for the thorough job. I appreciate all the work."
- 5-23-05 S.P. (upon learning of final J&D decision assessing attorneys fees against other side, and expert and mediation costs and cash property equalizer): "Carol, you did me right! I'm happy!!" [client awarded over $13,000 more by Court than settlement offer]
- 5-23-05 P.K. (learn she complimented me and S. to S.).
- 5-13-05 A.D.: "Best of all, you made [the opposing attorney] look so incompetent. The only thing that could have been worse for [the opposing party] is if he had represented himself." [Award after trial of $101,246, vastly in excess of settlement offer]
- 5-9-05 E.W.: "We remain unbeaten! They dismissed the entire harassment restraining order. I just wanted to call and thank you!"
- 5-1-05 E.J.: "Thank you very much for the progress and attention to it."
- 4-18-05 D.E.: "Again I want to thank you for all the time and all the help yesterday...Thank you very much, Carol. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help."
- 4-15-05 M.C.X.: "Are you going to be in the office? The kids have something they made for you." Card: "Thanks for your honest and hard work
- 4-13-05 D.B.: "I have been very happy with the representation."
- 10-19-04 J.R.-G.: "You've done nothing but good things for me and our family."
- 2-14-05 K.D.: "I am thrilled with the Court's decision and I thank you so much for the outcome. I really appreciate it. We really appreciate the service. I will recommend you to everybody."
- 2-4-05 GAL in A. case: "That was pretty impressive, what you sent out."
- 2-3-05 M.C.X.: "It's amazing how you can do things right away for me. I really admire that."
- 1-13-05 from GAL on A. case re: CG's [winning] brief on maltreatment determination: "You did such an excellent job on that." The assistant county attorney who argued in opposition stated, "Your brief was dramatic. If it really happened that way, I'm concerned."
- 1-06-05 D.S.: "I really appreciate the meeting last night and the support."
- 12-29-04 J.R. [old client returning]: "I can't thank you enough for everything."
- 12-29-04 S.Z. [after working with CG for the first couple hours]: "You are good! Yesterday I was so stressed out...Already I'm feeling better."
- 12-23-04 C.J. [upon successful conclusion to case]: "I've really enjoyed working with you and will be continuing to work with you on our next project."
- 12-22-04 A.A.: [having switched attorneys to our firm]: "I wish you would have gotten this in the beginning."
- 12-13-04: C.R.: "I'm really, really happy with all the good counsel. The way you guide us...You were with us all the way. From all the bottom of my heart I really thank you and Marc!"
- 12-13-04 D.M.: "I really, really appreciate your getting back to me [so fast]. That means so much to me."
- 12-6-04 D.E.: "Thank you. I greatly appreciate your ability to have resolved a child support issue that has beleaguered me for nearly a decade...Once again, I have a high regard for your legal expertise and professionalism and I will be sure to spread the word."
- 12-6-04: D.S. [at conclusion of his motion] : "You will get every recommendation [referral] from everyone in the world from me."
- 12-10-04: I.G. "You've been the greatest."
Clients report that they can sleep again their stress is reduced due to our confident strategies.
Additional Information About Ms. Grant
Legal ability rated AV (highest accolade) by peer review as published in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Certified Financial Planner. The "Gold Standard" of ability in financial planning, including insurance, investment planning, retirement planning, income tax and estate planning.
Member, NASD Regulation, Inc. Board of Arbitrators. Securities conflicts arbitrator.
1997: Consultant for USAID/Land O'Lakes Corp., Western Ukraine Initiative. Created and led Negotiations Training.
1995-1997: Consultant for USAID/DAI Corporation, Morocco Agribusiness Promotion Project. Mediation and arbitration training.
1997-present: Board of Directors, Terra Institute, Limited, Mt. Horab, Wisconsin. International consulting firm.
1995: H&R Block Tax Preparer course work. Study of personal income tax preparation, including 66 hours in-class work and completion of examinations.
1989-1994: Owner, Home & Host International, 2445 Park Ave., Mpls., MN. Private residential placements in former USSR, Mongolia, Costa Rica and the Czech Republic, supplier of Russia/republics rail for RailEurope, supplier of B&B's for VAO Intourist.
1985-1997: Administrative rule writer/Administrative Law Judge, State of Minnesota Department of Human Services, 444 Lafayette Rd., St. Paul, MN 55155; Office of Administrative Hearings. Rulemaking and policy development.
1983: President, Minnesota Women Lawyers, Inc.
1976-1984: Partner, Meshbesher Singer & Spence, 1616 Park Ave., Mpls., MN 55404.
University of Minnesota Law School. Dean's List, employed by Mead Data Central to create program to teach LEXIS to attorneys in 1976.
Certified secondary teacher.
Macalester College, St. Paul, MN. Economics and Speech/communication majors.
National Debate Tournament Octafinalist. Employed by Governor's Council of Economic Advisors. Northwestern National Bank Board of Directors Marketing Committee.
Teaching Appointments/Speaking Engagements (examples)
Fourth Judicial District Arbitration and Mediation Training for Attorneys
Taxation and Dissolution Continuing Legal Education
American Bar Association/American Trial Lawyers Association: Las Vegas, Nevada
Continuing Legal Education
Continuing Legal Education in
American Board of Trial Advocates
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Minnesota (numerous/annual institutes)
MN Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Advanced Police Training
Minnesota Medical Association
Minnesota Department of Education
Midwest Regional Conferences on Women and the Law: Ohio and Minnesota
Minnesota Court Reporters' State Convention
University of Buenos Aires
First International Latvia Lawyers' Congress on development of country's Constitution.
Appointments/Invitations to Testify
Minnesota Supreme Court Commission on Rules Governing Access to Public Records.
State of Minnesota Regulation of Psychotherapists Task Force (Gubernatorial appointment)
Governor's Commission on Court Unification
Lutheran Church in the United States Reproductive Technologies Task Force
Minnesota Supreme Court: Commission on Cameras in the Courtroom
Procedural Due Process in Parole Release Proceedings, Minnesota Law Review 341 (1976).
MINNESOTA CRIMINAL JURY TRIAL HANDBOOK (1988).
Sports Injury-Intentional Acts, 18 American Jurisprudence Proof of Facts 2d 217 (1979).
Rape by Spouse: Prosecution is in the Public Interest, Minnesota Trial Lawyer (March, 1979).
Review of Search and Seizure: A Treatise on the Fourth Amendment, Minnesota Trial Lawyer (May-June, 1979).
Effective Discovery in Criminal Cases, American Trial Lawyers' Trial Magazine (Dec. 1979).
Attorney-Client Privilege and Proposed Code of Professional Responsibility, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers' Criminal Defense Magazine (1981).
Please Bargaining in Sex-Related Cases, National College of Advocacy, Settlement and Plea Bargaining (1981).
In Defense of the Insanity Defense, used at seminar for legislators.
Impact of Sentencing Guidelines Upon Minorities, Minnesota Project: Coalition of Racial Minorities on the Question of Race & Sentencing(1981).
Evidentiary Issues in Federal Conspiracy Cases, Federal Criminal Practice (Advanced Legal Education January 15, 1982).
The Law Governing Jury Selection in Criminal Cases (Professional Education Systems 1982).
Driving While Intoxicated and Related Cases: A Structural Analysis, Defending the Drunk Driving Charge (Professional Education Systems 1982).
Sequestration of Jurors: Medicine Necessary to Prevent Tainted Verdict and Expensive New Trials, Minnesota Trial Lawyer (March-April, 1982).
Fourth Judicial District Arbitration Training materials, requested by the Fourth Judicial District Court.
Negotiation Training: Student Materials and Teachers' Manual (1997).
Evolution of Criminal Law and Procedure 1900-2000, Minnesota State Bar Association Millennium publication (1999).
How to Seek Attorneys Fees on Appeal, Family Law Forum (Nov. 1999).
Millenium History Project of the Minnesota State Bar Association.
French, Spanish. Certificat Pratique de Francais Commercial et Economique, by examination administered by the Paris Chamber of Commerce. Minnesota winner, Dictee des Ameriques contest concluding in Quebec City.